Welcome to the Dallam Teaching Alliance
I am delighted to introduce the Dallam Teaching Alliance to you.
Dallam has a strong history of not only improving and enhancing the life chances of our students, but also developing the talents and careers of our teachers and leaders. Over the last 400 years we have played a vital part in both supporting our community and playing a role in the development of education across the whole of the area.
The next exciting phase of this development is the birth of the Dallam Teaching Alliance – which is committed to working with a host of innovative schools to develop the next generation of outstanding teachers across the whole of the South Lakes.
I feel proud and privileged to lead our school and multi-academy trust (MAT). Dallam is a unique and distinctive school, the main school provides a ‘Good’ standard of education for all children (Ofsted, 2017) and many diverse opportunities to engage all students and staff, as well as offering a warm, supportive and ambitious school community. The many and varied strands of Dallam School mean that we are able to provide unrivalled and extensive opportunities for all through:
- Dallam Outdoors – an array of outdoor education activities, courses and training
- Dallam Community – a host of adult education courses and community engagement classes
- Dallam Boarding – we support over 120 international students who board and live at the Heversham Campus
- Dallam Sixth Form – our post-16 provision has been graded ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted and provides a rich curriculum of both the International Baccalaureate and A Level study
- Dallam Sports – our sports centre is accessible by members of the community and Dallam excels at sport across the county
Dallam School sits within a new Multi-Academy Trust – The South Westmorland Multi-Academy Trust. The Trust is at an early stage of growth and is working closely with local and close educational partners. We are in the process of developing an alternative provision school to support more vulnerable young people as well as working closely with the South Lakes Federation of Schools. The Trust continues to work closely with the Regional Schools Commissioner’s office and is in the process of becoming an academy sponsor to support schools and providers across the region when needed.
Dallam School and the multi-academy trust are committed to providing an exceptional level of continuing professional development for all of our staff and trainees. I hope you can tell from this introduction that Dallam would be a unique place to begin your teaching career. You will be supported and challenged in equal measure. As a school and Trust, we are absolutely committed to your success. We have a vast range of partnerships and strong capacity to help you grow and develop as an outstanding teacher.