Our Entry requirements match those for the University of Cumbria PGCE programme.
Entry to the PGCE programme is conditional on:
- Graduate or equivalent status with 2:2 or equivalent in first degree
- The relevance of an Honours degree content to the chosen specialist subject(s)
- Passes at GCSE in English and Mathematics at grade 4 or grade C or above or equivalent. If you do not have a pass at grade C/grade 4 in either English or Mathematics, you would need to sit an equivalency test in order to gain attainment at an appropriate level
- Selection based on the information provided on the UCAS Teacher Training application
- Selection based on a successful interview
- Successful completion of the professional skills tests (currently under review by the DfE)
- A medical report which is deemed satisfactory
- A completed Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) enhanced check which is deemed satisfactory by the University
Please note the above criteria are the national minimum entry requirements to be considered for a PGCE course. Please see individual subject pages on the University of Cumbria’s Secondary courses for further information.