Why Train with Us
If you are considering a career in secondary teaching, we can offer you an excellent teacher training programme in a range of subjects.
Dallam Teaching Alliance is an alliance of secondary schools in and around The Lake District in South Cumbria, within easy distance of Lancashire towns and cities such as Lancaster and Preston. Whether you are a recent graduate or are considering a career change, our teacher training programme will equip you with the skills to be an outstanding teacher. Dallam Teaching Alliance is led by Dallam School. We work in partnership with the University of Cumbria and together offer a package that combines meticulous academic learning with excellent school-based training.
Why you should train with us
- A high quality experience: Dallam Teaching Alliance and the University of Cumbria have an outstanding partnership. We have many years’ experience training and supporting new trainees into the teaching profession, offering an aspirational training programme with rigorous academic teaching and excellent school placements.
- Convenient training in a beautiful rural location: Our Alliance schools are placed throughout South Cumbria so no matter where you live in the area you will not have too far to travel.
- Trainee support: We offer comprehensive support throughout the course and pride ourselves on really getting to know our trainees. We achieve this through individual and group tutorials, subject seminars and lesson observations. We provide advice on how to write a letter of application and organise mock interviews to help you secure your first post.
- Allocating the most appropriate placement schools for trainees: We endeavour to place our trainees in the most appropriate placement schools where they can hone their skills and flourish as teachers. We have fantastic links and partnerships with a range of Primary, Secondary and FE establishments.
- Boarding facilities: If you are from further afield and would like to train with us we are able to offer boarding facilities at Dallam School.
- Outdoor education: Dallam School is a regional centre for outdoor education and an Operating Authority for the Duke of Edinburgh Award scheme.
- International dimension: As well as being a local comprehensive, Dallam is home to over one hundred boarders from across the globe including Europe, Nigeria, Hong Kong, Chile and the USA. This means that many different languages are spoken by our students and we are truly an international school.
- IB School: Dallam as a World IB School, is unique in offering the International Baccalaureate as well as A level and BTEC courses post 16.